Is bow hunting your favorite game? Are you stuck on choosing the best hang-on treestand for bow hunting? Perhaps you wondering what features to consider, their pros and cons? Don’t get stressed out; you’re at the right place since, in this article, we will cover all this information that you need to choose the best hang-on treestand.
As a hunter, you will agree that it requires patience and also a good point of view for spotting and scrutinizing your game. What better place for that than a good treetop view? It can be uncomfortable because of the long wait, which is why you should get yourself the best tree stand.
Here are some of the features to check for a good hang on tree stand include;
- Ensure the tree stand gives you nice padding and the seat should have good support; it shouldn’t be too thin.
- it should be lightweight and easy to setup
- Ensure that it’s fitted with many straps for good weight support and, for this case, ensure it at least holds up to 300 weight pounds.
- It should bite into the bark to ensure ultimate stability and security.
- You should consider one with a bigger size for comfy of your legs.
- It should be durable, strong, and sturdy just if you don’t want disappointments; your choice of tree stand should not be noisy because some animals have sharp ears, and you might lose your target.
- The best tree stand will help you climb any straight tree without relying on a ladder.
- Some are coated with rubber and other with nylon; you should consider the length of hours you will spend seated while hunting. It’s up to you to make a suitable decision on the type of cushion material used.
- Padded shoot rail provides a good platform for you to rest your rifle and enhances your aim. This rail adds some weight to the tool, and so not all tools have it, so you have to decide whether you will need it or not.
- Hide the hunter from the approaching game. This disguise allows the hunter to rest while still maintaining an active position.
Let us now narrow down to the seven best hang on tree stands that are most reliable on the market when you’re going for bow hunting.
1. Portable Rivers Edge, Big Foot TearTuff XL Lounger
This stand gets your money’s worth out of every last penny. It’s made of a strong steel material structure hence durable and can carry about 300 pounds. Its 45-degree footrest can allow more stability and comfort.
The lounger tree stand has a large extra platform of 37 by 24 gives extra or enough room for standing when shooting.
Flip-up seat and armrest fold independently, allowing enough room to stand and also space for recoil when shooting.
It is fitted with nice and strong back and footrests for giving the comfort of back and stretching of legs. The river Edge tree stand has an ultra-quiet attachment fitted with a quiet strap attachment at Bigfoot XL classic traveler, eliminating all the noise when hunting so that your prey does not easily recognize you.
Some components also make this tree stand stand-out amongst others, such as a larger footrest and safety harness. Crossbeams are included in seats for stability, and the armrest is also padded to give more comfort when using it so that you don’t strain and get hurt.
A buddy says, “I got my first buck this season from a hang on treestand, thanks to the Big Foot TearTuff XL Lounger.”
- Strap attachment are noiseless hence limits noise during movements
- Light hence portable
- Seats are well cushioned for in seating
- It’s the most value for the money
- Padded armrest
- The large footrest provides plenty of room for stretching
- It has an ultra-quiet attachment that eliminates noise
- Has one tree attachment strap that is complemented by a tear tuff lever-action eliminating the need for a second strap
2. Summit Viper SD Climbing Treestand
The summit brand is well known for providing the best hang on tree stands for bow hunting on the market. Summit 81120 has enough movement space for adjustments when shooting.
Its two straps can fit a tree in between 4 and 22 diameter inches and can take up to 300 pounds of weight. The seats are comfortable as they are well padded; hence someone can sit for a reasonable number of hours.
The summit 81120 weighs 14 pounds is one of the best portable hang on a treestand, since it is easier to carry to and from your hunting site.
The seat and platform are self – leveling hence creating much comfort and security for the user. It comes with competitive features such as the E-Z hang hook that enables the hunter’s pre-hook in between the tree for easy and fast hanging so as not to miss their prey.
The hidden 30 by 19.5 of inch aluminum-made material has no weak segments and joints, hence ensuring this tool’s rigidity and safety. It’s easy to use since the tool is just fitted with nice self-leveled seats and a fitted platform for recommended height and a seat in within as you eye for the prey.
Most hunters remark that Summit Viper SD is the safest treestand and a breeze once you get used to it.
- It’s able to hold great weight because of the aluminum body
- It’s lightweight hence portable
- Well-cushioned seats
- Has more space to carry bulkier men
- No noise
- Self-leveling platform
- Easy to adjust
- It might cost you more compared to other products, but the quality is superb.
3. X-Stand The Jester Aluminum with backrest
This is one of the best hang on tree stands on the market; it has a wide and strong platform of about 24 by 35, ample space for stretching your feet, and a deep seat size 19 with a comfortable backrest and padded armrest.
The tree stand offers great stature, stability, and safety. It’s made of a heavy-duty steel structure, which allows it to hold up to 300 pounds and also withstand many hunting seasons.
The stand comes with a Contour Form seat, which allows for extra comfort for the hours you will be up there. It comes with quick attachment cables, easy to set up no matter how dense the forest is.
The seat can easily flip up for great comfort while standing, and the X-Stand Tree stands platform is made of a robust 24 by 35 aluminum, lightweight, and gives the security that is needed.
Its shooting rails are enhanced to ensure to give shooting stability. Another good feature is that it is fitted with two-seat pad silencers to create a quiet atmosphere when you’re making your shoot. Definitely, this is top amongst the best hang on treestand for bowhunting.
You wanna feel sturdy? Go for the Jester Aluminium Hang On!
- X-Stand Tree standhas backpack straps for easy hauling on the tree
- It has a wide platform space
- Somehow budget-friendly
- Heavy-duty steel for durability
- Resists corrosion and rust
- The armrest is padded
- Easy to set up
- Its heaviest model may prove cumbersome when carrying for long-distance
4. The Comrade X 18′ Ladder Treestand
It comes with two independent seats made for bow hunting. The comrade x18 features the revolutionary jaw safety system with a two-person ladder secured from the ground level for safety and security.
It’s made of helix oval tubing for added strength and durability. Uniquely designed cables are rubber coated for maximum protection. The two-person seats are 10 wide by 16 deep; they’re also well-cushioned, with a backrest, footrest, and padded armrest to ensure comfort when hunting.
It also features an exclusive 73 by 18 V-shaped platform for the ultimate hunting experience. The comrade x-stand is easy to set up and fold flat easily for transportation and portability.
The Comrade X 18′ is solid and soundless such that you can literary dance on the platform without a squeak.
- It’s easy to fold for better portability
- Build-it hind pack belts makes mounting easy
- Padded armrest
- It’s durable
- It’s quiet and steady
- Great seat technology
- Firm and durable body features
- Comparatively heavy
5. Millennium M50 Steel Loc-On Treestand
This stand is designed with an ergonomic comfort max seat to give you the necessary relaxation from dawn to dark. The stand doesn’t weigh much, and the seat folds up, allowing enough space for those stand-up shots.
It’s made of strong and durable steel material as it can hold up to 300 pounds, which is the best feature to consider. Also, it weighs a credible 20 pounds, so it is lightweight hence easily portable for you to transport.
The millennium M50 provides a spacious platform of 24 by 33of leg space. It also has a safe link 35-foot rope with a carabineer and well-designed prussic knot to help in safety measures during ascending and descending the hang-on stand.
The seat folds are designed to open up outwards so as to give more room as hunting with a bow or rifle requires plenty of space. They are made of aluminum that is featured with a durable powder for coat finish.
The setup feature can enable it to adjust on trees that can lean up to fifteen degrees, and the body is well secure to support your body mass, so you don’t have to worry about falling when aiming.
- it Supports up to 300 lbs.
- Flip seat to allow standing and seating
- Safety gears to ensure security is enhanced
- A full backrest and simple to use
- Spacious platform
- Easy to secure or set up to the tree
- Light in weight hence portable
- It’s strong hence durability
- Fair price
- Noiseless tool – so it doesn’t alert the prey
- Gives a maximum flexibility
- Lacks armrest feature
6. Summit Goliath Sound Deadening (SD) Climber
The summit tree stands are the most popular and one of the best climbing stands for bow hunting. It’s the best option if you are looking for a well-cushioned stand and padded to provide vintage comfort.
It can fit well most tree barks and so that you can enjoy hunting with guaranteed safety, security, and comfort. This hang on treestand folds into a thin compatible profile for easy carrying to and from the field.
It weighs 25lbs. Its platform is 21 by 31, giving plenty of room to maneuver. The setup process is very easy, so you will not struggle. It also comes with a quality lock on a tree stand to provide a sturdy and strong platform for you. Obviously, this makes Summit Goliath one of the best lock on treestand.
Another component of the summit tree stand is the quick draw cable that allows you to adjust the diameter to lock the stand perfectly on the tree. The camouflage material used to create the padding and cushions makes you invisible to the prey.
Seats are well cushioned and take size of 14 by 12 inches. It supports up to 350 weight pounds due to its strong material that is made up of, and this makes it to be a bit heavier. Stands are made with a bow holder, making it comfortable for you when making a shot.
You’ve heard of a caddy of a treestand? Yes, You can fall asleep in a Summit Goliath because it is too comfortable!
- A spacious platform for you to work on
- Easy to set up
- It’s leanest
- No noise when using
- Great grip to attach to any tree
- Lightweight for easy transportation
- Comfortable padding and well-cushioned
- It’s expensive but worth it.
7. XOP Ambush Sit and Climb Treestand
It’s the best climbing tree stand on the market for a bulkier man, so no matter how heavy you are! You can still enjoy bowhunting. It offers a high holding capacity because of its reinforced big tooth traction band. It can hold up to 350 lbs. one good feature is that it’s lightweight for easier transportation.
The XOP ambush climbing tree stand is very comfortable, with a triple-layered foam set, which gives a nice and good comfortability level. Its material is entirely made of steel that’s highly durable, solid, and quiet.
Made with several accessories for safety and good installation, you can enjoy your hunting without the fear of injury. It provides extra grip with fully leveled seats to enable tree leaning when hunting.
The seat is well cushioned with a UV-treated strap for fastening, backpack straps, safety harness, 6 point bracket to ensure that comfortability is guaranteed when using it.
Its lifetime casting gives you an assurance that this tool can serve for many years without wearing out with the inclusion of a TMA 6 point fall arrest system that makes it a ready tool to hunt.
- It’s noiseless, so you don’t have to worry about scaring away the prey
- Highly durable because it entirely made of steel
- Lightweight for easy mobility and transportation
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other products on the market but worth it.
Also Read: Choosing Best Portable and Fixed Treestands
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Hang On Treestand for Bow-hunting: A Buyers Guide
Bowhunting stands come in different brands and features. The best bow hunting stand should provide longevity and comfort. Below are some of the qualities you should look out for to help you get the best hang on a tree stand.
Is your Hang On Treestand sizeable and comfortable?
Every time you go hunting, you are supposed to enjoy the activity. When you are not comfortable, it won’t be a success. While hunting, you have to carry with you a stand that is fitting and suitable.
For instance, you can have a ladder stand since it will balance the weight. This will give you ample time to assess the fields with a rangefinder and determine the right range and draw length.
How Big and Heavy is your Hang On Treestand?
It hurts most when you fall from a tree when you are doing an activity you like most. Therefore, ensure that your weight does not burden the hang on tree stand.
Remember you might be carrying some other gear while on top of a treestand. In case this happens, you can easily fall and hurt yourself. This means that you should choose a stand that is somehow far from your weight.
Is your Hang On Treestand Safe?
Your safety is very crucial to any other thing. What should you consider? Safety straps, belts, or the tree stand grip. While hanging, ensure you are in stable contact with the tree. The stand should be securely placed and strong to support you fully.
Is your Hang On Treestand Stable and Durable?
Buy a tree stand that will last not for days or a week. This includes ensuring that the materials used to construct it are strong. They must be of good quality and able to withstand all weather conditions.
Is your Hang On Treestand noiseless and fixable?
The best hanging tree stands should be easy to use. You must be able to fix it without any difficulties. Remember, at times, and you might be alone; hence you won’t get support from anywhere.
What Is the Ideal Cost for a Hang on Treestand?
Your budget will determine what you will buy. There are so many climbing trees that stand in the marketplace of different qualities and features. Based on what you want, do more research first then make the right decision.
Below is an amazing video by The Hunting Public on how to set up a hang on treestand for bowhunting.
Also Read: Best Tree Stands for Bow Hunting