Today’s hunting is not just a killing game. It’s more of a pastime and a hobby. To film your hunting adventures, the best video camera for deer hunting comes in handy. In the past, hunters had to carry heavy equipment and hoist it in a strategic position for video recording.
However, today’s technology has provided more compact, lighter and easy to operate gadgets. They also come in different sizes just for you.
While some people hunt to survive, others hunt to make memories, to celebrate or to bond. Some are just adventurous and fun-loving. They always wish they had the best camera to capture fun moments.When you share memories with family and friends, you still want to go back to hunting.
Also, T.V.’s air hunting shows and experiences and it’s only after this that you realize the urgency of havingthe best video recording camera when you go hunting.
Choosing the best video camera for deer hunting can be overwhelming because recording home movies and hunting activities are quite different. With hunt recording, you must consider filming distance, video quality, unique features and portability. Your choice of camera should also fit in your budget.
This guide provides the best video cameras with all the filming features you need for your hunts. If you love YouTube hunting sensation and life hunting memories you’re in the right place. We have the best gadgets to capture those adrenaline-pumping moments.
1. Panasonic Lumix FZ1000
This camera provides high-quality videos that will make your viewers think they are watching a live video of your hunting. It comes with 4k video capture footage with vibrant colours and crisp image quality.
The glass quality is incredible, made by the best optical glass industry in Leica. The glass produces crystal clear images even when in a zoom mode.
It also has a shotgun microphone that produces the best audio recording. You can also adjust the sound to match your recording situation.
It also features a smartphone-enabled remote shooting that allows long-distance recording. It’s a great option used to record hunts from a secondary perspective.
It also consists of a high zoom that collects light in low light settings for clear recording. It is a must-have feature because most animals become active at around dawn and dusk.
- Lenses made of quality Leica glass
- Has integrated smartphone wifi for local imaging and recording
- Features a significant sensor quality of one inch 20.1MP M.O.S. sensor
- Has a 4k video and photo for high breed photography
- Has an 8MP video frame that grabs photos
- gives a realistic ambient sound recording
- has a lense stabilizer of hybrid O.I.S. and a five-axis correction
- has a multipurpose lens that zooms to cover everything from wide angles
- Zooming is a bit noisy and can scare away animals
2. Panasonic HC-V770
4K videos are excellent, but those cameras are expensive. To avoid all the hustle, you can capture your full H.D. videos using the Panasonic HC-V770.
This camera captures professional and quality 1080p videos. A 20X zoom feature helps capture long-distance hunting while the HDR (high dynamic range) feature reduces any bright spot that may creep into the video.
The Panasonic HC-V770 camera has the N.F.C (near field communication) and Wi-Fi capability that offers a seamless connection to your devices and pc. You can also stream your real-time videos using this Panasonic camera. A smartphone can capture videos from far. If you need to keep an eye on your hunting zone, you can set this camera upwards in a skilled, planned location.
This camera has a top-notch sound recording mic that will ensure that you don’t miss any noise during the recording process. It will also help in creating authentic hunting videos with clear audio.
Though this camera lacks the infrared feature, it has an impressive low light recording, thanks to the insider B.S.I (backside illuminated) sensor. You don’t have to worry about any noises during shooting. The silent operation feature is a plus to hunting activities. The camera registers excellent quality, compact and lightweight features.
- Gives you value for money
- Compact and lightweight
- Has a wifi and N.F.C. connectivity that connects to your phone and other devices
- 20X zoom that draws in faraway scenes
- Supports live video streaming
- Offers image stabilization feature
- Has a flexible LCD
- Has a prime lens
- Comes with a remote control shooting
- Has an HDR feature that blocks shadows for more explicit videos
- Remember to carry your charger because batteries can be drained over time.
3. Canon XF400
This camera gives your hunting excursions,high definition footage courtesy of its high-grade professional camera. Although it’s a bit more expensive than the other models, it is still cheap than the other cameras that give similar qualities. The XF400 camera offers cost-effective videography using its 4k UHD quality video feature.
Other features include an electronic viewfinder, a touch panel LCD measuring 3.5 inches and X.L.R. inputs that connects the microphones.
This camera produces a high-quality video that makes your viewers think they are next to you in the hunting field. It has a 15X optical zoom lens that gives you a personal and close game in the area. Consequently, it records a 4K UHD video at a smooth 60p. The 400 feature enables it to capture the first action shots, at a full slow-motion recording of 120fps in full H.D.
This camera also features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF in having accurate and fast autofocus.
The 5-axis Optical Image Stabilizer assists in producing steady footage that leaves your viewers calm.
Although the Canon XF400 is relatively compact, it weighs almost 2.5 pounds. It would be necessary to seek assistance from your partners.
- It offers a fast and accurate autofocus
- Has a large touch panel LCD monitor of 3.5 inch
- Records a smooth 60p video courtesy of a 4K UHD
- Has an optical image stabilizer of 5- axis
- Has a 0.24’’electronic viewfinder
- Features a 15 times Optical zoom lens
- It is a bit heavy ( 2.5 pounds)
4. Sony HDRCX405
Sony produces reliable video recording cameras. The HDRCX405 has stylish and attractive features for hunting lovers.
The 60X and30X optical zoom is a plus for hunters who wants to zoom from long distance. This same zoom feature produces superior, explicit and quality videos. The high-quality sensor creates 1080p videos of good quality.
Its Exmor CMOS sensor helps this camera to produce videos of high quality even in low light conditions. You will not find any grain shot in your video shot at dusk or dawn. This camera can shoot up to 9.2- megapixel images.
This camera is compact and can fit in the palm of your hand, and Carrying it in the woods won’t be a burden. Although it does not have wireless connectivity, it has an HDMI and a USB output. This gadget has many accessories, including high capacity batteries, HDMI cable and a 32GB micro SDHC card.
The Sony HDRCX405 has high capabilities videos and has other appealing features.
- Has extra batteries and other accessories
- Offers a 30X optical zoom and 60X clear zoom
- It is a compact and lightweight video camera
- Has EXMOR CMOS sensor that delivers quality videos in low light environments
- Has an HDMI and USB connectivity
- Features a 32gb micro SDHC card
- Has a high-quality sensor that allows the production of quality 1080p videos
- .It lacks Wi-Fi capability but makes up for it with other features power features such as lenses and long-range capture.
5. Panasonic HC-V 180
The Panasonic HC-V180 will make you doubt the narrative ”you get what you pay for” because you will get surprisingly features for a relatively low price. These features include impressive image stabilization, intuitive interface, an intelligent 90x zoom and short light recording features.
This compact gadget weighs only 8oz, making it perfect for remote hunting as it will be easier to get it up a treestand.
You can customize and filter your videos using a touch screen LCD monitor.
It becomes easier to see through the woods since the monitor measures up to 3 inches.
At that price range, it also features a two-channel zoom microphone for clear and crispy audio. The high-quality microphone adjusts the recording volume automatically to match the camera’s zooming capabilities.
This product does not start recording immediately after starting. Instead, it will take up to five seconds to begin; hence giving you time to adjust your scope for the perfect shot.
- It is compact but light
- Has an intelligent zoom feature of 50x and 90x
- Capable of recording low light videos
- It has a wide-angle lens convenient for capturing group images in small gatherings
- Produces a crispy and clear audio
- Comes with creative controls of 8mm videos and time-lapse recording
- Has a high 1.5 to 8-inch B.S.I. sensor and a 2.20 m pixels that suppress noise in dim light
- An intrusive user interface
- A two-channel zoom microphone that matches with its camera video zoom, to produce a clear and crispy audio
- You have to be of aware of the 5 seconds time-lapse before recording starts
6. Panasonic 4K Camcorder HC-WXF991K
The HC-WXF991Kcan handle the high-quality video format that you might need. It has a 4K video capture. It also has a capture and pause features that you can use to capture those fascinating events you would like to frame on a photograph to get high-quality images.
You will not want to be distracted by your camera when holding a gun, and therefore, this camera comes with a remote shooting feature. Through this feature, you can control the camera using your smartphone.
It has Wi-Fi connectivity allowing you to play videos directly on your TV. You do this via wireless TV playback. If you area fun of live streaming, this camera supports full H.D. and real-time streaming. It also has a night mode for coon hunting adventurers and other low light hunting trips that you may want to try.
The camera is compact and lightweight, making it the best choice to carry in the woods. It has a perfect build quality, although you should take extra care in wet conditions. Remember to carry spare batteries and memory cards if you need to shoot videos constantly.
- It is compact and lightweight
- You can use a smartphone for remote controls
- Has a 20X Optimal zoom
- Has a capacity of 4K recording
- Can display 1080pin-camera editing
- Easy to live stream H.D. videos
- Has a capture and pause feature
- Has a wifi connectivity
- Carry spare battery because it drains over time
7. Sony a7R II
The Alpha A7R II is a brand from a Sony company and is the best for recording gobblers that visit in the early morning. The sensitive ISO 409600 enables it to capture wide dynamic locations even in low light conditions.
The professional-level movie functions enable it to record high-quality footage, resulting from effective colour editing and slow motion.
The Alpha A7R II offers both an intelligent autofocus mechanism and a manual focus. The smart autofocus mechanism is 169 points faster than the manual guide, and it also ensures subject detection accuracy regardless of the available light.
The Alpha A7R II camera ensures stable filming that gives a five-axis optical image stabilization even when hunting a first paced deer. It keeps your footage rock steady.
However, this product does not have waterproof features and cannot function well in cold temperatures.
You don’t have to look for a different camera when you go hunting the spring turkey. You have the right gadget. However, the weather has to be perfect and not rainy.
- Comes with both intelligent autofocus and a manual focus
- Has light sensitivity feature
- Provides professional-level functions of a movie
- Stabilizes an image using its 5- axis optical feature
- Comes with a battery charger
- Can use different lenses, interchangeably
- Its lens does not require a speed or adapter booster
- Works well at night
- Does not have waterproof features
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Video- Camera for Deer Hunting: A Buyers Guide
People possess cameras for fun and attention. Choosing the best camera to purchase is a challenging task. However, this is broken for you.
How durable is this camera? Durability should be your number one question you should ask yourself before purchase.
A durable camera is water-resistant and can withstand harsh weather conditions. Bad weather should not stop you from shooting fun moments. Therefore you should go for a camera that has waterproof features. Also, a durable camera can last long without the need for replacement.
Connectivity is another crucial feature to consider. It should be easy to transfer and upload video files to the web. Also, you should download your files into your pc easily. Never purchase a camera that does not have a screen display for playback.
Be sure your camera has enough storage space to avoid running out of the room when you want to capture an important event.
You should always check the available space before you start shooting. Remember, videos take a lot of space than photos.
A camera with a short battery life will not be useful to you. A decent camera should have an average of 120-minute battery life.
Also, ensure the package has extra batteries and, if not, purchase extra batteries that will serve you for long hours.
Also, the spare batteries of the camera you purchase should be affordable and readily available.
Ensure that you have a fast memory card to make your work easier. A slow memory card can cause frustrating moments.
A slow memory card will slow the video footage process, an experience you would like to avoid.
The overall appearance of a camera may deceive you only to realize that it has a low megapixel.
A smartphone has an average of 8 megapixels. As such, a camera should record at least 12 megapixels for quality recording.
The camera’s accessories should be readily available. A cyclist would like to mount the camera on their bike.
If you cannot find the accessories, you will not record some of your fun time. Every time you want to buy a camera, visit its website to familiarise yourself with the package and accessories.alloutprodux.com