7 Best Cover Scent for Deer Hunting
How many times do you spend your time before a night out or a date to making sure that you smell perfect? Well, yourgoal might be different when it comes to deer hunting. At this time you want to fool its nose first before it notices you. That’s when you realize the need of a scent when hunting.
A deer has a distinctive smell of about sixty times better than humans.It uses that sense of smell as a defence mechanism. You should therefore dedicate much time and care on how you smell. Do you know you can get a solution to this problem?
For you to maximize your chances of deer hunting, cover scents should be among your strategies. Just like you camouflage your body with the right clothes, you should also mask your odour. A Deer can smell you even before you see it when the wind is not favouring you.
Scent control is the most significant debate among hunters around the world. Some hunters argue that people have been hunting from time immemorial and they never used all this stuff. It is true, but why don’t you utilize the technologies available today to make your hunting easier?
I am about to give you information that will enable you to take down a deer and also be ahead of other deer hunters. You will also use this guide to choose the best scent that fit your needs.
Check Latest Price
The foggy mountain pure skunk Cover Scent is the choice for those hunters who want to musk their natural scent with that of a skunk,deer and other game animals will not suspect a thing.
This product comes in small sizes, but it will last almost the whole hunting season because you only need one drop for effective hunting.
Do you know how skunk urine smells? It is the same smell you get by using this product. That means it is 100 per cent natural and just like skunk urine, this smell will last for a very long time such that it will be impossible for you to forget it.
It has a unique way of application, and you don’t have to apply it on your clothes. Instead, you can apply one drop on each of hunting boots or shoes. You can also use it on a napkin and stick it to your clothes.
Additional advice: Try Foggy Mountain Pure Skunk Essence to repell stray dogs!
- It has a strong and effective scent
- A bottle will last an entire season of deer and predator hunting
- It has a wax sealing that prevents odour scent from oozing out
- The glass bottle is only one ounce and easily portable
- It smells stronger in an enclosed area, and you should avoid using it inside houses.
Check Latest Price
The hot doe estrus deer urine is the product that should come into your mind if you want a scent that attracts deer and also covers your smell. It’s proven in the field and therefore ideal for any hunter.
Its fragrance creates a barrier between the hunter and the deer.Doe in Estrus gives a scent that mostly attacks a buck and mimics the smell of a doe on heat. The results are incredible!
Hot doe estrus emitsa scent that attracts other bucks that might be fighting over territory. It gives a powerful combination, helping in attracting both deer sexes and its effectiveness in both late and early hunting.
You only need to spray the surrounding air and vegetables. It is the only product that you don’t need to spray on your clothes although by doing so it can be a bonus. Also, you may opt to spread the product downward the air.
You do not have to continually spray this product as it sticks to everything that it comes into contact with.
Also, you can choose between locking it down to empty the whole can or spraying in short intervals. You need to buy more than one can if you need to spray everything at once.
Well, blacktails like some hot doe estrus piss-smelling aerosol attractant!
- It is not very expensive compared to what competitors are offering
- One drop of urine comes out in 3000 particles enabling it to cover long distances downwind to the animal’s nose
- Can be used to influence breeding in mature bucks
- You do not need to spray on clothes
- The product can last for three years
- The scent remains on everything it comes into contact with
- It’s very effective when hunting whitetail deer
- A single can may not last long, and therefore you may need to buy several cans
- If not used effectively it can lead to wastage.
Check Latest Price
Hunters agree that it’s pretty much easier attracting a deer on heat. The nationwide scents doe Scents comes in a package of two bottles to give effective outcomes for those hunters who mean business.
This package includes Standing Estrus, It’s a two in one product as it will not only attract the deer to your location, but it will also cover your scent.
The package is unique as it comes in small bottles that look like shots of alcohol. However, once opened, you will notice that the content is not fit for human consumption.
The urine is made from a buck or a single doe to make the attraction. The manufacturing company collect urine from a variety of deer, and they blend. Therefore, the scent will challenge the deer in your area, and they will smell a hot doe nearby.
If you really want to nail a buck, use this urine scent that replicates a doe on heat!
- It is very effective and yields better results
- Comes in three different types of urine and you don’t have to depend on one scent
- It consists of 100 per cent urine for deer hunting
- Easy to combine with drags, pads and bombs or used alone
- Attracts deer towards your location
- Covers your scents to improve hunting
- Has a long-lasting scent
- High quality at relatively low price
- It doesn’t come with a spraying cap so, you are required to buy the spray cap separately.
Check Latest Price
The Nose Jammer Spray is an inexpensive product that will also cover your scent. It comes in two sizes of between 8 oz and 4 oz. Consider taking the 8 oz package since it has a wind application range and also to avoid disappointment as you may run off it unexpectedly.
The product consists of natural compounds such as the vanillin and other compounds found in areas where elk and deer graze. The hunter will also enjoy the sense of smell.
Also, you can enjoy the more expansive application feature as you can apply it almost everywhere, including the gear, boots, bow, tent, blind, clothes, vegetation and on other surfaces.
This product provides a medium to extend coverage, making it easier for you to get to your target without them noticing you.
It does not produce an unpleasant smell as the scents come from bushes and plants. You don’t have to rely on shifting winds, this product enables hunters to get closer for a perfect shot.
Better believe a buck likes some nice cookies. The Nose Jammer Natural Scent makes you smell like a cookie!
- Offers a wide application
- Does not have an unpleasant odour
- Easy to use since you are required to uncap, spray before and during hunting
- Sufficient for a tree stand, blind, stalk and spot hunting
- Scientifically made to overload and jam the animal’s sense of smell.
- Takes away the target sense of smell, wind shifting becomes the last thing you have in your mind.
- Comes with a scent that wild animals tend to ignore
- can be used from season to season
- It does not lure animals but hides your presence
Check Latest Price
The Tink’s Earth Power Cover Scent is the best choice for hunters who need to cover their scent with an inexpensive and dirt like smell. It is the second most inexpensive product after the Nose Jammer.
The package comes with 3 compact size bottles, each with 50 shots per bottle. The package should be enough for your hunting for a whole weekend.
It works moderately good as it has a well-spread soil-like smell that covers your scent. It attracts deer that are in search of soil.
This product offers a comprehensive application option as you can apply on clothes, skin, boots, blind, trees stand and also around the vegetation where you want to ambush the deer.
It is the best way to go if you are after an inexpensive product that comes in small sizes.
Final note: Tink’s 69 pockeshot is just irresistable and a deadly attractant! Just dont spill it inside your pockets.
- It has a wide application
- Not expensive
- Easily portable as it comes in small sizes
- Can be applied on clothing when hunting in thick cedars
- Can be used when making rubs and scrapes to produce a scent that attracts the deer.
- Easy to use as it comes with a pump spray
- Can be applied in any area you want to go hunting.
- It comes with a fresh dirt scent that lures deer
- Compelling when stalk or stand hunting
- Formulated for the more robust and longer smell
- Can drain quickly if not used effectively
Check Latest Price
This formulated product is for hunters who don’t like using deer urine or liquids. They come in small round wafer bottles that you can attach to your clothes. It is also very inexpensive.
It comes in a variety of fresh earth that smells like soil, Natural Pine, White Oak Acorn and Natural Cedar. You have to match your scents with the trees found in your hunting area.
The pack is long-lasting since it comes with three extra wafers in the package. Each wafer will last for more than 20 days at a time.
Another essential feature that you will like about the product is its multiple uses. You can hang the effect on the trees or attach it on your clothes because it comes with three pangs of hanger that you use to hang the wafers on tree branches and three pins that you use to attach the wafers on your clothing.
It is a very inexpensive option that yields excellent results. Buckrut wafer works just as advertised!
- Has multiple uses
- You do not need to spray it on your clothes
- Last long as the wafers naturally refresh when put back in storage containers
- Made with the highest technology that provides pure and concentrated wafer scent
- The package comes with four different scents
- Masks your scent when you hang the wafers on tree branches or attach on your clothing
- Comes in a package of three hangers, a storage case and scent wafers
- Does not lure deer in but will disguise your natural smell.
Check Latest Price
The Conquest Scents is a deer scent stick that resembles those applied underarms and is also for both the buck and the doe.
The mode is similar to deodorant and therefore, it gives you a mess-free experience as opposed to the ones in liquid form.
It helps in calming and attracting the whole herd. It means you won’t only attract the buck but also the doe.
You will enjoy its simplest way of applying that involves smearing or spreading on the surrounding trees or onto your boots. As a result, the scent will hide your scent and draw the herd next to you.
However, the product cannot lure animals from long distances as effectively as the sprayed scent.
Rutting buck stick makes you smell like a deer for days. Your kids won’t like it!
- Has a wax-stick formula ensuring no mess or spills
- Consists of a collection of smells and scents of doe, buck and fawn bedding area
- The scents instil curiosity in animals thereby drawing them nearer
- no disturbance in the hunting area when applying the scents
- Offers a cover, calming and attractant scent of all seasons
- Easy to use, no leaks, pills or procedure to follow
- It attracts the whole herd
- Last for an extended period
- In the form of the stick just like deodorant, easy to carry around
- Can be used around all seasons
- No preservatives
- A package has 2.5 oz scent.
- It is required to be used at shorter distances to achieve better results.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Cover Scent for Deer Hunting: A Buyers Guide
Choosing the best scent can be difficult for beginners and other hunters who do not know what the market has to offer. This guide will help you get the best choices as it will enlighten you on what to look for when buying a cover scent for deer hunting.
The Available Scents
You will find a long list of scents such as deer urine, skunk urine and natural compounds.
Any product made of deer urine will not only cover your scent but also draw deer near your location. This urine comes from the buck and a doe.
For you to achieve the best results, you need to combine them, spray your boots and the vegetation surrounding your hunting area.
Skunk urine offers the best cover to your scent. You do not need to catch a skunk or tease it for you to get urine. Instead, you can use Foggy Mountain Pure Skunk Essence
A single drop will be enough where you use a handkerchief or a sponge to apply. You can also pour the drop directly on each of your boots. Be careful not to use it on your clothes due to its unpleasant smell.
Other Natural Compounds
Vanillin is one of those compounds usually found in a specific flower. The others are oils collected from bushes or trees that are effective in hiding your scent.
How to Apply
You should consider the method of application which can either be pouring on antler, spraying on vegetation or scrapping on the ground. You can also apply some on boots or shoes.
A wafer contains scents that you are required to carry by attaching to clothes using a safety pin, or you can hang them on tree branches by use of hanger.
If you prefer scents that are less messy, you should buy fragrances that you can smear on trees, boots or shoes.
You might be concerned about the price although most of these products are less expensive. The price range favours every aspiring buyer.
Deer Cover Scent Myths
The truth is it is difficult to know which or what cover scent works best. It takes a great deal of learning to know how to control scent in deer hunting. In the following video, Whitetail Habitat Solutions teaches you the top 5 myths associated with cover scent control in deerr hunting.